Since December is full of big events at our house- two birthdays and Christmas- this blog post is chock-full of photos. Enjoy!
1. Pam and I managed to make some really cute Elmo and Cookie Monster cupcakes for Sam’s birthday. I got the ideas off of Pinterest and was pleased they were not a Pinterest fail.
2. Sammy’s 2nd birthday party was fun and much less stressful than his 1st birthday. I tried to keep it more low-key and spent way less money. The best moment of the party was definitely when he opened his big stuffed minion and proceeded to freak the freak out.
3. For Mike’s birthday, we continued our tradition of going to see one of the new “Hobbit” movies. “The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies” was good. However, it did make me cry and I was not a fan of basically everyone dying. So…I would say I liked the other two better. Still, it was a good time and a worthy addition to the trilogy.
4. My folks, Heidi, Sammy, and I journeyed to the Cheekwood Botanical Gardens a few days before Christmas. We had a great time checking out the beautifully decorated Christmas trees- each representing a different country. Sammy was excited to meet two reindeer, but was ecstatic to discover that the gardens had their very own Thomas the train. He would have willingly stayed at the train exhibit all day. No joke.
5. We really shouldn’t have gotten Sammy any Christmas presents this year. Upon opening his stocking and finding a small Thomas the train and a car driven by Elmo, he was happy and didn’t want to open any more presents. He did request that we help him put on his new Mickey Mouse socks over his footsie pajamas- these were also from his stocking.
6. Santa brought Sammy a potty for Christmas. He was very excited to sit on it, sometimes for very long periods of time, but so far that is all the progress we’ve made.
7. I was very excited to hang out with my friends Brad and Angela and their four kiddos for a few days the end of December. Their daughter, Maggie, is my goddaughter, and I hadn’t seen her since she was 6 months old. She is now 2 and a half. I also got to meet their newest addition, baby Zach. After spending some quality time with four kids, I think I’m going to stick with just one for a while. Honestly, I don’t know how either of them remain sane. (Love you guys!)