This weekend Mike and I took a trip to Asheville, North Carolina with some of our friends from small group. We had an awesome time, and I learned a lot! Here are the things I learned:
1. The Biltmore is the largest privately-owned home in the United States. It has 250 rooms, 43 of which are bathrooms. I am so glad I don’t have to clean 43 bathrooms.
2. For a house built in the late 1800s, this place was pretty modern! It had an elevator, a swimming pool with underwater lights, a bowling alley, and even a gym.
3. I thought there was a new policy that you could take pictures in the Biltmore, but apparently that is not true. Getting yelled at for taking pictures is embarrassing.
4. Tupelo Honey Cafe in Asheville has the best macaroni and cheese, fried okra, squash casserole, biscuits, and black raspberry jam that I have ever eaten. The food there is awesome! The jam is so good we started calling it crack. Click here to order their black raspberry jam/crack. I highly recommend it! http://shop.tupelohoneycafe.com/
5. There is a rumor that the Tupelo Honey Cafe may someday open a location in Nashville. We should all pray that this happens. Trust me, you will love this place!