So, this weekend I took Georgia on her first road trip. We journeyed together to Indianapolis to visit my best friend, Miriam. Here are the things I learned over the weekend:
1. If you are not careful where you step when walking your dog at a rest area, you will step in dog poop.
2. Discovering that there are only hand dryers and no paper towels at the rest area where you stepped in dog poop is not a good feeling. (Thanks so much to the very nice lady from Indianapolis who gave me paper towels from her car. I am forever indebted to you, kind stranger.)
3. Miriam loves Georgia. Georgia loves Miriam. Tilly does not love Georgia.
4. Georgia seems to understand that you should be on your best behavior at other people’s houses. She did not poop or pee on the carpet once. She also didn’t bark and howl that much at night. I was very impressed.
5. Georgia is getting much better at walking on her leash. She is also getting braver when meeting strange dogs. She actually tried to play with another beagle.
6. Butler is going to the NCAA Championship Game for the second time in a row! Go Butler!!! Woo woo!
7. The movie Leap Year is cute. It didn’t change my life or anything, but it did make me want to go to Ireland.
8. Chewable Pepto Bismol makes your tongue turn black. Super freaky!
9. Just when you are bragging on how good your puppy is doing on their first road trip, she barfs the biggest pile of dog barf I have ever seen on the backseat of your car.
10. Cleaning a giant pile of dog barf off the backseat of your car at a super redneck gas station is NOT my favorite thing.