So, for the first time since I started this blog more than a year ago, I have kind of fallen off the wagon. I haven’t told anyone what I learned in a week! I am going to try to keep this short and fairly humorous. Also, I don’t remember much of what I learned anyways as I have been in super bum mode and I have taken my brain with me.
1. My kids looooooved the pumpkin pie in a bag we made in class. They also really got into mixing it up and crushing the graham crackers with the rolling-pin. It was definitely more of a success than the root beer floats I made for them earlier this year.
2. The two new Hungry Girl recipes I tried this holiday season were also a success. I made mini-ice cream cakes for my mom’s birthday and crispy pecan tarts for Thanksgiving. Yay for delicious Hungry Girl recipes!
3. While playing the game Encore, I found out that my Uncle Bob knows the lyrics to a whole lot of songs that I had no idea he knew. His team kicked my team’s butt. Included in these lyrics were those to “If You Think I’m Sexy” by Rod Stewart. I never imagined I would hear my Uncle Bob singing “If you think I’m sexy, and you want my body,” on Thanksgiving. I laughed so hard I nearly fell off the couch.
4. Georgia greatly prefers the small dog side of the dog park to the big dog side. However, she is kind of big for the small dog side. She is a pansy.
5. Mike almost broke a dude’s leg last night. The good news is that they were at the hospital, so they would not have had to go far for medical care. This guy has apparently been charged with assault like 30 times. Apparently, he has some temper issues.
6. Joy Paul had her baby last night- a little girl! That means my mom will be at school for six weeks doing her maternity leave. Yay for babies and my mom being at school!
7. My Titans won today and are now 6-5! We can still make it in the play-offs, maybe!! Oh, and Chris Johnson ran for 190 yards- about time dude!
8. My fantasy team is also currently winning! It is a good football week for me.
9. Nothing gets me in the holiday spirit like watching cheesy Christmas movies on Lifetime and ABC Family. Tonight I watched “Dear Santa” on Lifetime and DVRed “Desperately Seeking Santa” for a night when I am feeling sad. 🙂