I have been slacking a bit on blogging, mainly because I have been out of town with only a tiny bit of internet access. Here are all the things I have learned thus far on my Spring Break:
1. My second trip to play Bingo went much better than the first. I was much less stressed. None of us won, but we still had fun!
2. Our Sunset View Chalet in Pigeon Forge, TN was awesome! It was a little tricky to get to, mostly gravel roads going uphill, but definitely worth it. Here is a pic from the outside and a pic of the hot tub, which we very much enjoyed!
3. I need to work out more. The half mile hike all uphill to Clingman’s Dome had me huffing and puffing. I had to stop and rest several times. It was kind of embarrassing.
4. The view from the top of Clingman’s Dome is pretty cool. Here is a picture of the observation tower, from which there are 360 degree views:
5. There is some European insect killing all the fir trees around Clingman’s Dome. Also, acid rain is a big problem. Sad…
6. We saw someone planking on this sign! They were planking in two states at once!!!
7. We found an awesome wedding present for Miriam and Stuart. It is not practical at all, but I think they will love it.
8. Mike will not take an Old Timey Photo with me. He only agreed before he knew you had to dress up. He was super grossed out by wearing clothes other people had worn. I was sad. 😦
9. On our second visit to Smoky Mountain Knife Works, I was much less bored. I managed to entertain myself downstairs with the kitchen stuff, and even bought a new pair of kitchen shears. Ironically, Mike didn’t buy anything.