1. Heidi does not enjoy going to the beach if there are no shells. Here are her direct quotes: “Why did you bring me to this beach with no shells?! This beach is boring!!”
2. There is such a thing as brownie pie and it is delicious. I love that someone took two of my favorite desserts and put them together.
3. I can make a blanket! Okay, so it was just two pieces of fleece that I cut strips in and tied together, but it looked really cute.
4. Saying goodbye to your Grandma when you are not sure you will ever see her alive again is really hard.
5. When traveling through Georgia, I highly recommend driving the six miles off the interstate to visit Calhoun’s Produce. Their chicken salad and homemade strawberry ice cream is to die for, and they have all kinds of other goodies to choose from. Mom and I both got peaches, I got some amazing blackberries, and she got fresh corn on the cob. It was kind of in the middle of nowhere, but worth the drive for the great food and atmosphere. Here’s Heidi out front by a giant strawberry: