1. I had my first Centering appointment on Tuesday and it was really interesting. Centering is this cool thing they do at Vanderbilt where instead of going once a month and meeting with your baby doctor, you are placed in a group with other mothers who have around the same due date. Then, you meet with the doctor in a group and have a two-hour session about different topics related to pregnancy/childbirth. I really liked the doctor and the other moms in the group. I think it is going to be really informative and helpful.
2. Apparently, not only am I supposed to be careful of deli meats because of the listeria bacteria, but I need to avoid soft-serve, frosty, and frozen yogurt machines. Just last week I had a soft-serve cone from McD’s, a Jr. Frosty, and frozen yogurt from Sweet Cece’s. Woops.
3. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT go see “Pippin” at the Boiler Room Theatre. It is awful. Mom and I actually left at intermission, which we have never done before. I DO NOT recommend!
4. The bacon at The Loveless Cafe is the best bacon I’ve had in a long time. Seriously, it blew turkey bacon out of the water. The blackberry cobbler was also delicious.
5. Mike purchased his first item of baby clothing today. This seriously cute Loveless Cafe onesie:
6. Had my first drive on the Natchez Trace Parkway, which I learned is 444 miles long and was used by American Indians, settlers, and Kaintucks. The Kaintucks were boatmen who floated their goods down the Mississippi and Ohio Rivers, sold them in Natchez and New Orleans, and then walked back home.
7. The Natchez Trace Parkway Bridge is seriously cool.
8. After watching the latest episode of “So You Think You Can Dance,” I am officially declaring Amelia and Will my favorite couple. Their routine this week was gorgeous, and I think they work really well together.