1. I have never had so many kids bring food for Culture Day. I had two kinds of taquitos, chicken enchiladas, two kinds of tamales, and papusas. Luckily, I had a mom come and help out or I’m not sure I would have gotten all the food heated up and served. On a side note, Disney (who is Hispanic) brought grape Kool-Aid and Lindor truffles. I have no idea how that is part of his culture…
2. One of my 2nd grade team members had a very traumatizing experience on Culture Day. A special needs student in her class choked on a lollipop, and she couldn’t get it out. Luckily, a mom who was there helping came to the rescue. I am now officially afraid to give lollipops to my kids.
3. Mike and I were so tired, we went to bed at 8:00 Friday night like little old people.
4. The new Strawberry Shortcake muffin at Mimi’s is just YUM!
5. I watched a lot of football today. My poor Titans lost to the Patriots- who I can’t stand- and our quarterback was injured. Definitely not the way I wanted to see my team open the season. In other football news, it looks like RG3 (Robert Griffin III) might be the real deal. I wish he was on one of my fantasy teams!
6. The Top Four dancers on the finale of So You Think You Can Dance are: Tiffany, Eliana, Chehon, and Cyrus. There will be two winners this year and I am rooting for Eliana and Chehon. I really don’t think Cyrus is as talented as the other three, and has gotten by on personality. Also, I still hate his giant ear holes.