1. Upon the second viewing, I loved “The Hunger Games” just as much as the first time I saw it. Mike has not read any of the books, but enjoyed it as well.
2. When the dogs were fighting over their current favorite toy- a stuffed duck, I asked them to “put down the duckie.” That phrase sounded really familiar, like it was a song I once knew. I googled it and discovered it is a song from Sesame Street. The video brought back a lot of memories, and includes special appearances by numerous celebrities- my favorite being Pee Wee Herman and Chairy. Check out the video, but be warned, the song will get stuck in your head for the rest of the day:
3. After visiting two different thrift stores, my 80s outfit for this weekend’s party has been purchased. I think it is going to be totally awesome!
4. The brand-new Goodwill by my house is really nice.
5. I finally watched the finale of “So You Think You Can Dance” and Eliana and Chehon won!! Yay!! Good job voting, America!
6. My Titans finally pulled out a win over Detroit in one of the craziest games of football I have ever seen. We scored five touchdowns of 60 yards or longer- the first NFL team to do this in a single game. Two of those touchdowns came from kickoff returns- one very similar to the infamous Music City Miracle. A third touchdown was scored on a fumble return, when Verner basically stole the ball out of a Detroit player’s hands and ran to the end zone. Rob Bironas missed two field goals in a row, and Detroit scored 14 points in the last 18 seconds of the game, sending it into overtime. We won with a Bironas field goal, vindication for his missed ones. Seriously, anything weird that could happen in a game happened in this game. It was insane!!!!
7. My JE Moss fantasy team is definitely going to lose. My Girls team is almost tied and we both have one player left tomorrow night, so it’s going to be close. I am leading the Pick’em League this week!
8. I am not caught up on my Project Runways yet, but I did watch the textile challenge. Favorite moment of the episode: When Tim Gunn told Ven his design looked like maxipads. Hee! Gotta love Tim Gunn.
9. Gotta give some props to the Ravens’ Torrey Smith, who played hours after hearing the news that his younger brother had been killed in a motorcyle accident. He not only played, he scored two touchdowns. I usually hate the Ravens, but I rooted for them for his sake, and because they were playing the Patriots.