1. Father Ryan High School performed in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. I thought they did an awesome job of representing Nashville!
2. Scrappy, Georgia, and I watched the 2012 National Dog Show together. I’ve never watched a dog show before, so I learned a lot. First, the dog has to win out of their breed. Then, they have to win out of their group to get to Best in Show. There are seven groups- Herding, Hound, Non-Sporting, Sporting, Terrier, Toy, and Working. There were a lot of breeds I had never heard of, including the dog that won the Toy group. This Affenpinscher had a serious case of the uglies:
The winner of Best in Show was a Wire Fox Terrier for the second year in a row. This is the first time the same breed has won Best in Show two years in a row.
3. I ended up being invited to a second Thanksgiving at my neighbor’s house. I guess since I am eating for two, that means I get two Thanksgivings. 🙂
4. I have been trying to get caught up on “The Amazing Race.” I was a big fan of the twins, but I really didn’t like when they stole James and Abba’s money. I think my favorite teams now are Trey and Lexi and the Chippendales- which I would never have expected! I did feel really sorry for James and Abba when all their things were stolen.
5. Since I do not enjoy the Black Friday crowds, I spent the day in my pajamas watching Lifetime Christmas Movies. I actually thought “12 Men of Christmas” was cute and entertaining. “High School Holiday Reunion,” on the other hand, was stupid and cheesy. I was disappointed, as it starred an actress that I am a fan of. (Miriam, it was Beth from “American Dreams!”)
6. There are 17 breeds of penguins, and only five of them live in cold weather. Weird, hunh? (This fact provided by Jack Hanna on some show Mike and I were watching.)