1. When changing Sammy’s diaper, always cover his peepee. The one time you forget is the one time you will get peed on.
2. Sammy goes through multiple outfit changes a day. Somehow pee, poop, and spit-up is always getting on his clothes. And mine too.
3. Sammy does not like sleeping in his crib, cradle, or bassinet. He pretty much only likes sleeping in his Boppy, propped on a pillow on the couch, or laying on Mike or me. He also does not enjoy sleeping at night, which is a bummer, because I do.
4. You are supposed to warm bottles up, not just give them to the baby straight out of the fridge. Ooops. Good thing I have my mom around to teach me these things.
5. It is very difficult to keep a baby awake when he wants to sleep. It is also very difficult to keep a baby asleep when he wants to be awake.
6. How to swaddle
7. No matter how many books you read or friends you talk to, you will never be prepared for how overwhelming it is to care for a tiny human being. You will also never be prepared for how much love you will have in your heart for this tiny human being. I mean, how cute is this guy?!!