1. It is difficult to get much of anything done while trying to take care of a newborn. Some days the only thing I accomplish is that Sammy has been fed and his diaper changed all day. Unloading the dishwasher or running a load of laundry is a major accomplishment.
2. Sammy likes sleeping in his bouncy seat sometimes. Most nights he will sleep about three hours before he wakes up and needs to be fed. Of course, there are nights where he only sleeps 45 minutes before waking up, and one night he slept five hours!! I never knew I could be so excited to get five straight hours of sleep.
3. Being awake at all hours of the night has helped me to finally catch up on my DVR. So, here is my tv update: The Beekman Boys won “The Amazing Race,” which was pretty surprising. I was rooting for the Chippendales or Trey and Lexi, so I was kind of bummed. Denise won “Survivor” and I thought she was a deserving winner. Malcolm was my favorite, but if he couldn’t win, Denise was my second favorite. Probst announced that the next “Survivor” will be another Fans vs. Favorites. I am excited to see what favorites will be returning. The 30 Rock episode in which Liz got married was hilarious, and Robin and Barney got engaged on “How I Met Your Mother.” Crazy!
4. Sammy slept through most of his first Christmas, but he did look super cute in his Christmas duds.
5. You are supposed to sterilize bottles. I feel like there should be a book or a pamplet with all this information in it.
6. Mike and I have been watching a lot of movies lately. The “Total Recall” with Colin Ferrell was pretty good. I never saw the original, but Mike says it was better. There was a Star Trek movie marathon on SyFy channel, so I have now seen First Contact, Voyage Home, and Generations. Previously, the only Star Trek movie I had seen was Wrath of Khan, which scared the crap out of me as a young child. I watched part of it again, and those mind control worm things are still freaking scary! We also watched “Looper” on New Year’s Eve. It was an interesting concept and definitely worth watching, but the ending was too ambiguous for me. I need to know what happened!!
7. Brad and Angela came for a visit, so I got to meet my goddaughter Maggie! She is super cute, and is even starting to get some hair. Brad and Angela provided us with lots of parental advice, and it was fun to talk with Katie and Jordan. They say pretty amusing things.
8. In football news, my Titans ended the season with a record of 6-10. At least we went out with a win against Jacksonville! I came in 4th place in both my fantasy leagues, which I was pretty disappointed with. I have also fallen to second place in the Pick’Em League. Stuart’s brother is more than 10 points ahead of me. I am hoping I can regain my 1st place status during the playoffs.
9. About ten minutes before the ball dropped, Sammy puked all over himself and me. Happy New Year!