1. So, I decided to try and get Sammy on a schedule. I read about the E.A.S.Y. schedule, and have been trying to put it into place. The E is eat, A is activity, S is sleep, and Y is your time. The main problem is that Sammy does not particularly like napping, so that part of the schedule isn’t working. Also, he doesn’t like going to bed at bedtime. He much prefers going to sleep around 11:00 or 12:00. One night I put him to bed three times before he finally stayed asleep. I think we do have a little more structure in our day, but we are definitely not on an E.A.S.Y. schedule.
2. This week for WOC New Years Series, there were classic cars in the lobby, the photobooth again, and Krispy Kreme donuts and hot cocoa in the courtyard. There was also an awesome special guest- Christopher Duffley. Christopher is a 10-year old blind autistic boy who has perfect pitch. He sang “Open the Eyes of My Heart” and “Your Grace is Enough” and did an awesome job! I was, of course, bawling my eyes out. Here is a link to his website- check it out- his story is amazing!
3. I rented two movies this week- “Pitch Perfect” and “The Five-Year Engagement.” I really enjoyed “Pitch Perfect,” especially every word uttered by Rebel Wilson. She is hilarious!! “The Five-Year Engagement” had some really funny parts, but also some really depresssing parts. It did make me want to attend or throw a Create Your Own Superhero Party. I am already creating my costume in my mind…
4. Dunkin’ Donuts has just unveiled a Brownie Batter donut. It is a heart-shaped donut filled with brownie batter and covered in chocolate frosting and sprinkles. So bad for you, but sooooo good. I want to go to there!
5. I visited school today to celebrate birthdays with my 2nd grade team. I did not bring Sammy, as that place is a germ-fest. It was good to see my friends and my kids, but I also realized that I really don’t miss being there. So, I guess that means I am doing the right thing staying home with Sam-Sam.
6. I watched the 30 Rock series finale tonight. I will miss spending time with Liz Lemon. She has taught me so many new words and phrases, including the phrase I used in #4 of this post. In honor of her awesomeness, here is a clip of her dancing: