1. Metro finally got a snow day! I’m happy for all my students and teacher friends. Nothing beats getting that call that means you get to go back to sleep. 🙂
2. Punxsutawney Phil did not see his shadow. Spring is coming!!! (I so hope he is right.)
3. This was the last week of WOC’s New Years Sermon Series, so they pulled out the big guns. There were motorcycles in the lobby and a TIGER in the courtyard. (Don’t worry, he was in a cage.) There was also an awesome version of “How Great Thou Art” STOMP style. Here is a rather amateur video of it, I will post a better one if I can find it.
4. Sammy made his social debut at our small group Super Bowl party. He was very popular- I did not have to hold him, feed him, burp him, or entertain him the whole time we were there. His football outfit was also a hit. Check out the cuteness:
5. I enjoyed several of the Super Bowl commercials this year, but my favorite was the Taco Bell one with the old people. I hope I am still having good times when I am their age.
6. The Baltimore Ravens won the Super Bowl, so I did not win the Pro Pick’Em League. I came in 2nd, 4 points behind Stuart’s brother. My dad is actually the only one that got his Super Bowl pick right.
7. I read the 33 Most Deeply Upsetting Food Surprises today. It’s pretty funny, and I personally really hate #15 and #20.