1. A new study suggests there is a biological reason that women talk more than men. Thirty percent more of the protein FOXP2, which is related to language production, was found in women. (This fun fact provided by the Today Show.)
2. So, Pizza Hut has released a perfume. Eau de Pizza Hut- its real name- is said to smell like dough, although an article I read suggested it smells exactly like a Cinnabon. Mmmm…Cinnabon…. (This fun fact provided by the Ellen Show, and an article I read online.)
3. Miriam called yesterday to tell me that she saw on the Indianapolis news that Marsh is closing its store in Marion, IN- the town we went to college in and my mom’s hometown. I know it’s a silly thing to be sad about, but I have lots of memories in that Marsh. Miriam and I have a theory that IWU bought it, as they have practically everything in Marion.
4. TV update- The “Top Chef” final two are Brooke and Kristen, so there will definitely be another female winner! I am still rooting for Brooke, as she has been on the show the whole time. Kristen got kicked off and then won Last Chance Kitchen, which I just don’t think is as difficult. Ben and Leslie got married last night on “Parks and Recreation,” and it was wonderful. I almost cried. I had a lot of favorite parts, but I really loved Ben’s vows- “In my time working for the state government, my job sent me to 46 cities in eleven years. I lived in villages with eight people, rural farming communities, college towns, I was sent to every corner of Indiana. And then I came here, and I realized that this whole time, I was just wandering around everywhere looking for you.” Leslie and Ben, I love you and I like you!
5. There is a sport called footvolley which is a combination of soccer and volleyball. It’s like volleyball, but you can’t use your hands. It is rather interesting to watch. (This fun fact provided by the Today Show.)
6. Almost everything I have learned the last few days is from tv. I might need to get out more…