1. Mike stayed home from work Monday and we had a movie day. We rented “End of Watch” and “Hit and Run” from the Redbox. “End of Watch” is a movie about cops in LA. Mike declared it completely unrealistic and we turned it off after about 30 minutes. I do not recommend. “Hit and Run” is kind of an action/comedy. It stars Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard, who are a couple in real life. It was pretty funny, and the two of them are really cute together. There is a lot of language and some violence. Also naked old people. (That part was gross but hilarious!) I would recommend renting it.
2. An Australian billionaire is making the Titanic II, a high-tech replica of the original ship. Who will not be participating in the maiden voyage? This gal!
3. In an effort to cut down on our grocery bill, I am going to start doing our main shopping at Aldi’s. I made my first Aldi’s trip yesterday, and was amazed at all the things I got for $71. Yay Aldi’s!
4. Sammy does not like zerberts. I gave him a zerbert on his tummy, and he screamed like I had stabbed him for 20 minutes.
5. TV update- On “The Amazing Race,” the dad on the father/son cancer survivors team thinks he ruptured his Achilles tendon. I am sad, because I really liked this team and their story. On “Survivor,” Shamar is the lamest excuse for a Marine ever!! Not only is he lazy, but he is already talking about quitting because he’s not “happy.” What?! Also, he has some serious anger issues that I think he might need to go to therapy for. Phillip continues to be crazy with a monologue about his basketball skills. He’s played guys twice his height! So, he plays basketball with Goliath? The “Top Chef” finale was bizarre. I did not like the format at all, and was also sad that Brooke lost. I like Kristen, but I really feel Brooke was more deserving of the win. This week’s episode of “Nashville” featured a cupcake from my favorite bakery- Cupcake Collection. They didn’t actually say that on the show, but Cupcake Collection had it on their Facebook page. Mmmm….cupcakes…
6. Today, Sammy picked up a toy and waved it around. It is his first time grabbing a toy on his own. Yay Sammy!
7. Mom, Heidi, and I returned to our former Weight Watchers group tonight. I officially weigh more than I ever have when not pregnant. Yuck.