1. Sammy got to meet his Uncle Matt yesterday. I think they liked each other okay, although Matt was really nervous about holding him.
2. There’s a new pope! He is a 76-year-old Argentine named Jorge Bergoglio. His pope name is Pope Francis. (Food for Thought: What would you choose as your pope name?) He is the first non-European pope. My question is, why don’t they pick a pope that’s a little younger? I feel like all of the popes look the same- old white guy with white hair. I was really hoping they’d mix it up a little this time.
3. Our cable is out downstairs- again!- so I rented a couple of movies from the Redbox. “Perks of Being a Wallflower” and “Playing for Keeps.” Of the two, I would recommend renting “Perks of Being a Wallflower.” It is definitely a movie that makes you think, and it reminded me very much of my own high school friends. It also made me thankful for my high school, as it was made up of kids who would have been wallflowers anywhere else. On a different note, I normally enjoy a cheesy romantic comedy, but “Playing for Keeps” did not do it for me. I hated most of the characters played by some truly talented actors- Dennis Quaid, Uma Thurman, Catherine Zeta Jones, and Judy Greer. I hated the way the soccer moms were portrayed as unhappy and desperate to throw themselves at Gerard Butler, who is looking kind of rough these days. I would sum up my review as- Bleh. It’s not worth the $1.29 I spent at Redbox.
4. I really appreciate Bobby Cobb’s love of Target on “Cougar Town.” It is a magical place! Normally, such obvious product placement would annoy me, but Target’s awesome so I’m okay with it.
5. Oh my word, “Survivor”! On last night’s episode, Brandon actually made Phillip look sane. I did a little research, and “Survivor” does have a psychologist who approved Brandon to play another season of “Survivor.” I think that psychologist should lose their job, as it is very obvious that Brandon has some serious emotional issues. I am actually kind of frightened for his wife and kids.