1. There is something called a “Golden Birthday.” Apparently, it is when you turn the age of the date you were born on. I have already missed mine, as it was when I turned one. Sammy’s will be on his eighth birthday, so I will need to decide if we will be celebrating golden birthdays before then. It does sound kind of fun, and I do love celebrating things.
2. It takes seven eggs to make 1 cup of egg whites. Can you just buy egg whites? What do I do with the bowl of yolks I have left?
3. I tried a new recipe on Thursday for broccoli and cheese mini omelets. It really turned out pretty well, but was more difficult than most recipes I attempt. The main difficulty was cracking and separating so many eggs- that was a pain!! Also, the recipe called for some fancy cheese I couldn’t find, so I substituted with Asiago. If you would like to make your own mini omelets, you can find the recipe here.
4. My friend Katie came to brunch on Thursday- hence the fancy new recipe- and it was so good to hang out and talk with her! She is going to be moving to Iowa soon to teach at Graceland University. (I totally assumed that was in Memphis, which would be much closer.) I really wish Iowa wasn’t so far away, as I would love to sit-in on one of her lectures sometime and think quietly to myself, “My friend is so smart and professory!”
5. I lost .6 lbs this week. It’s not much, but losing is better than gaining!
6. I am so behind on my tv watching. I just finished last Sunday’s episode of “Survivor”, so I know the Final Three are Dawn, Cochran, and Sherri. Also, if Eddie won the million he was going to open a dog shelter/bar, because he likes dogs and bars. I can see that idea going wrong in so many different ways. My DVR didn’t tape the reunion, so I don’t actually know who won. I am pretty sure it is going to be Cochran. I used to be a big Cochran fan, but he has just gotten too cocky, and I am still mad at him for voting out Brenda.