1. The band Hanson have created their own beer, cheekily named MmmHops. I still think of Hanson as a bunch of teenagers who can’t even drink beer, but apparently they are all grown up now. The name made me laugh, but then I proceeded to sing “Mmmhops” to the tune of “MmmBop” for the rest of the day. Well played, Hanson. Well played.
2. Mike and I rented “Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters” from the Redbox. This is a good movie to rent if you are tired and don’t want to think very hard. Or at all. It is actually pretty entertaining, and I laughed at several parts. It is very violent and gory, but in a way that is almost cartoonish. It was a good movie for super tired Mike and I, but I’m not sure I would recommend to the general public.
3. On our first night home from our road trip, I went to put Sammy to sleep and realized his bouncy seat was downstairs. I decided to see how he would do sleeping in his crib all night. It was a success!! He has slept in his crib for four nights now with no problems. My little baby is growing up!
4. My first day back at Mother’s Day Out was a rough one. We had two little guys move up from the baby room. One of them did really well, and I think the other one is going to drive me crazy. His mom didn’t bring him until 10:45, and then picked him up at 1:30. Our director came down to talk to her about how it’s important to bring him on time so he gets used to the schedule in the toddler room. I don’t think she got it. At nap time, he screamed his head off, which set off a chain reaction, and we soon had four other kids screaming their heads off. Honestly, I’m not sure what we are going to do about this new kid. We can’t have a kid in our room screaming his head off everyday, or we will never get anyone to sleep.
5. Who the top 20 are on “So You Think You Can Dance.” I probably shouldn’t pick favorites, because I seem to be the kiss of death for all reality show contestants. Maybe if I just list my favorites in vague terms without naming names… I like all three tappers, the hip-hop girl, and the guy from Nashville who was in a terrible car accident and thought he’d never dance again.
6. We tried Sammy’s 6-month photo shoot again on Thursday. This time, we decided to do the shoot right after Sammy woke up in the morning. It went much better! He was happy and smiley for most of the shoot. My friend Tammy’s teenage son and daughter came too and helped to filter light with big screen thingies. The pictures turned out super cute. Shout out to Tammy for her patience and awesome photography skills. You can check out her website to see more of her pics here.
7. Sammy had his 6-month check-up and vaccines Thursday afternoon. He now weighs 15 lbs 2 ozs and is 27.5 inches long. He is in the 76th percentile in height, but only the 8th percentile for weight. The doctor was rather concerned about this. She was also concerned that he is not even close to being able to sit up on his own. She determined that this is probably caused by the fact that his head is really heavy and he is really skinny, so he’s basically like a bobblehead. I was really upset about both of these concerns, but after talking with my two friends with three kids- Angela and Tina- I think I have stepped back from the mom-guilt ledge. I just need to work hard to find a solid food that Sammy will eat. Thus far, rice cereal, oatmeal cereal, and sweet potatoes have all been rejected.
8. This week’s episode of “The American Baking Competition” might have been the most boring episode of reality TV ever. It was bread week, and during part of the show, we literally watched bread rise. *Yawn*
9. Kim and Kanye named their new baby North. Her name is North West. That poor baby. Someone should call Child Protective Services now.