1. Sammy likes Wheat Thins. Not to eat, just to gnaw on. I am still not having much progress with getting him to eat solid food. Doh!
2. We got everyone to sleep at nap time today- even our two screamers. There was much rejoicing. 🙂
3. MNPS has changed their policy on maternity leave and would not allow me to take a leave of absence next year, so I have officially resigned. It feels kind of scary but good. Scary good!
4. I found this awesome video on Pinterest about Opryland. It made me sad to think I will not be able to take Sammy there! So many of my best childhood memories happened at Opryland. Why did they tear it down to build a stupid mall? Why?!
5. What the real lyrics are to the “Day-O” song. I sing this song to Sammy all the time, not sure why, but I have not been singing it correctly. Also, I have always wondered what this song was about, as it seems like a bunch of nonsense words. Apparently, it is about dock workers on the night shift who are unloading bananas from a boat. Hunh.
6. I caught up on some summer TV tonight. First off, the season premiere of “Drop Dead Diva” made me so happy that the show didn’t get canceled. I LOVE that old Jane is in some hot model’s body. Ironic and hilarious! This was the first week of “So You Think You Can Dance” with the 10 couples performing. I haven’t picked a favorite couple yet, but I will say my favorites tonight were the two Jasmine teams- Jasmine M. and Alan, Jasmine H. and Aaron, and I also enjoyed Amy and Fik-shun (although his fake name is stupid).