1. I am a little concerned about the Thanksgiving program we are having at Mother’s Day Out. Wednesday during practice, half my class sang and did the motions and the other half got into a fight. So, yeah. Hopefully their parents will think they’re cute no matter what they do.
2. Nielson picked us to write in a TV diary for a week and paid us $30. Woo woo! I like getting paid to watch TV. I must look into making this a permanent gig…
3. Mike was working the CMAs Wednesday night and saw Jason Aldean in the parking garage at Bridgestone Arena. I grew up in Nashville and have never seen an actual famous person. Mike has lived here 8 years and seen/met more than he can remember. He also got to see Brad Paisley, Carrie Underwood, and the Duck Dynasty guys parody “Blurred Lines,” which was pretty amusing.
4. I have become obsessed with planning Sammy’s birthday which is a month away. How did people plan birthday parties before Pinterest?!
5. Mom and I hit up the Consign and Co. half-price sale in Murfreesboro today. I got Sammy a super cute baby basketball hoop, a sweater, a Christmas outfit, some shoes, slippers, and four pairs of socks. I also got my goddaughter Maggie an adorable outfit, and I got myself some placemats that perfectly match the curtains in the dining room. All of this cost me a whopping $17. Yay for consignment sales!
6. In super exciting news, Sammy said his first word today!! He was sitting in Mike’s lap and said, “Dada.” I said, “What did you say?!” and he said it again, “Dada!” He might never crawl, but at least we know he can talk. 🙂
7. I watched “The Amazing Race” this evening and was very sad to see the Oklahoma boys get out. I was sure it was going to be non-elimination, as I don’t think there has been a non-elimination leg yet. I also thought the singing Roadblock was really unfair. Some people just can’t carry a tune, and it’s not something you can learn to do in one afternoon. Side note for Miriam: I would have rocked the socks off that Roadblock!