1. The reason the shopping carts at Ross have really tall poles on them is to stop you from leaving the store with the shopping cart. Unfortunately, I learned this as Sammy and I tried to leave the store and slammed the pole into the wall above the doorway. It was rather embarrassing.
2. When making hot chocolate for 3 and 4 year olds, it really needs to be lukewarm chocolate. I ended up having to add several cups of ice to the hot chocolate to cool it down.
3. I thought our Polar Express party went really well Wednesday at Mother’s Day Out. My kiddos looked adorable in their pjs, and I think they had lots of fun playing games, eating, and watching “The Polar Express.”
4. Mike and I saw “The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug” for his birthday Wednesday night. It was so good!!! I definitely recommend you see it in theaters, especially for the awesomeness that is Smaug. I also really liked Tariel, played by Evangeline Lilly. I nicknamed her “Elf Ziva.”
5. Stephen Colbert has a cameo in “The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug.” I learned this from imdb.com. I am sad I was not observant enough to realize it during the actual movie.
6. I still don’t know who won “The Amazing Race,” as my DVR is stupid.
7. BIG NEWS: Sammy said “Mama” today!!!! I was picking him up to put him in his car seat when he said it. Mike didn’t hear him, so I bugged poor Sammy until he said it again. I didn’t know two little syllables could be so exciting to hear!