1. We are finally going to have to child proof our house. Although he is still not crawling, Sammy has become a very fast scooter. He is currently a fan of throwing DVDs around, opening and closing the drawers under our entertainment center, and opening and closing the cupboards.
2. 100 Grand, Whatchamacallit, and AirHeads candy can be found at a Shell station. Mike went on a hunt for them to help me create a candy bar card for my Dad’s retirement party.
3. My Dad’s retirement party went really well, and our fishing-themed decorations turned out super cute. I now want to have a fishing-themed birthday party for Sammy one year, as it was really easy. We used a lot of bobbers, goldfish, and made some tiny fishing poles with dowel rods. Pinterest is the best!
4. Amy Poehler won the Golden Globe for best actress in a TV comedy! She was so happy and everyone seemed happy for her. I mean, why wouldn’t they be? She is awesome!
5. I picked every play-off game correctly this weekend. Go me! I will be rooting for the Broncos in the AFC Championship, as I have a deep and abiding hatred of the Patriots. In the NFC, I am rooting for Seattle, mainly because San Francisco was in the Super Bowl last year. I like other teams to get a chance.
6. Mike and I are currently watching Season 5 of “Sons of Anarchy” on Netflix, and it has been horrific! We have only watched the first three episodes, and not only was a girl burned alive in front of her father, but (Spoiler Alert!) Jax, Chibs, and Tig were forced to watch Opie be beaten to death. I’m not sure I’m going to be able to keep watching.
7. Last year, I began a tradition of choosing best and worst dressed for the Golden Globes and the Academy Awards. I love best and worst dressed lists(not really sure why…), so it is fun to create my own. I honestly had a difficult time deciding this year, but here are my choices for best and worst dressed at the Golden Globes:
8. Taking Sammy to the eye doctor was supremely traumatizing. He was referred by his regular physician after they did some kind of eye exam and thought he had astigmatism. Sammy had to have his eyes dilated, and then I held his arms and head while someone else held his eyelids open. The doctor shined lights in his eyes through different lenses while he screamed his freaking head off. It was NOT fun.
9. Sammy has to get baby glasses. I am super bummed that he is already suffering from the genetic gift of my horrible eyesight. I also have no idea how I’m going to convince Sammy to leave glasses on his face. He is very into throwing things right now.
10. The Titans have hired Ken Whisenhunt as the new head coach. He was formerly the offensive coordinator for the San Diego Chargers.
11. I think I may hate glitter glue more than regular glitter.