1. Sammy and I attended an amazing birthday party on Saturday for our former neighbor, Carter. It was Dr. Seuss themed and the decorations, food, and cake were awesome! I really think my friends Jen and Katie need to start a party planning business.
2. If you are trying not to pig out at a party, a good tactic is to bring a baby. You will be so busy keeping him fed, happy, and entertained that there will be no time for food.
3. Now that Sammy is able to eat real foods without puking, he is trying all kinds of new things. He is a big fan of turkey pepperoni, cheerios, guacamole, and refried beans. Not all at the same time, of course.
4. It is New Year’s Sermon Series at WOC, and they are bringing it! Sunday there was a caricature artist, rock climbing car, human statue, and video game playing in the lobby. In the courtyard, there were cupcakes from Julia’s Bakery. During service we had bagpipe players and an awesome acapella number by our worship team and choir. It gave me goosebumps!
5. This year’s Super Bowl is going to be the Denver Broncos vs. the Seattle Seahawks. I haven’t decided who I’m rooting for, as there are things I like about both teams. I think I am mainly rooting for an exciting game- with good commercials!