1. Sammy officially has an egg allergy and unofficially has a peanut allergy. He reacted to the egg and the peanut, but because he has never had peanuts, the doctor said it could be a false positive. For now, we are going to operate on the assumption that he has a peanut allergy. They will test again when he is older.
2. There are a ton of words that mean there is egg protein in food. Words such as: Albumin, Lysozyme, and Ovalbumin. The allergist gave me a laminated card with all the egg words to carry in my purse.
3. Sammy had his full evaluation with TEIS on Tuesday afternoon. The lady that came was super nice and good with Sammy. She also informed me that in her 12 years of doing early intervention, she has never seen a kid scoot on his back to get around. Our kid is very unique, apparently.
4. Who is on “The Amazing Race: All-Stars.” I like almost all the returning teams. The team I was most disappointed to see return is Rachel and Brendon. I was especially sad to see that they are newlyweds. I was really hoping Brendon would wise up and get a new girlfriend, not marry that crazy.
5. Yesterday was my first field trip with the 4 year old class. We went to the Nolensville Public Library for story time. It was the most unstressful field trip ever! Perhaps this is because I am used to taking field trips with 22 kids and no parents or volunteers. For this field trip, I had 13 kids, 4 parents, my assistant, and the director of the Mother’s Day Out to help me.
6. The Nolensville library is adorable. It is tiniest and homiest library I have ever been in.
7. You can always count on kids to tell it like it is. Two of the four year old girls rode to the field trip in my car. One of them informed me, “This car is dirty! There is hair everywhere!”
8. Mike helped lead the motorcade for the President of the United States today. He did not get to meet him or even get a glimpse of him, so that was kind of a bummer. He did take a picture on his phone of Air Force One!