1. My favorite TV couple, Leslie Knope and Ben Wyatt, are having triplets!! I am really glad “Parks and Recreation” was renewed, because I want to see how this plays out, and “Parks and Rec” is pretty much my favorite show.
2. The NFL schedules for the 2014-2015 season have been released, and the Colts vs. Titans game is September 28th. Miriam and I are really excited, as this is the earliest “our” game has ever been. It is usually in December or January. I am also pumped that it is super close to my birthday. Happy Birthday to me!!
3. The 5 Star Retreat in Lyles, TN is peaceful and gorgeous. It is also in the middle of nowhere! I attended a Ladies Retreat there with my mom this past weekend. It was really nice to get away and spend some time with God, nature, and other women. It didn’t hurt that the weather was AMAZING! I would definitely like to return someday, maybe even to just rent cabin and have a little time away with Mike.
4. Mike rented “Thor 2: The Dark World” and “Anchorman 2” on Sunday. I think I liked the first version of both of these better. “Thor 2” was kind of confusing. I completely didn’t understand the ending. Loki isn’t dead? Is their Dad dead? Like I said, confusing! “Anchorman 2” was funny, but I’m not sure it was as funny as the original. The cameos in the epic news team battle were pretty hilarious! I would say that they are both worth a Redbox rental, but I’m glad we didn’t pay to see them in the theater.
5. Mother’s Day Out dismissed two hours early on Monday due to the threat of bad weather. Our area was spared the brunt of the storms, but south of us in Lincoln County there was an EF-3 tornado and two people were killed. The South Lincoln Elementary School received a direct hit and was severely damaged. Luckily, the school was empty and no one was hurt.
6. Craig Ferguson announced he will be leaving the Late Late Show in December. Mike and I are sad, as we watch his show frequently and enjoy his off-brand humor. His statement to the press did crack me up: “CBS and I are not getting divorced, we are ‘consciously uncoupling,’ but we will still spend holidays together and share custody of the fake horse and robot skeleton, both of whom we love very much.”
7. We took Sammy to the doctor Tuesday afternoon for a weight check. Sammy now weighs 20 lbs and 12 oz and is in the 4th percentile. Yay for being back on the chart! On the WHO scale, which is the whole world and not just fat American babies, he is in the 14th percentile!
8. I looked out the window today just in time to witness our dumb-as-dirt beagle eating a baby bunny. I am super traumatized, and Georgia is not allowed into the house for several days. No one wants to see regurgitated baby bunny.
9. I am hopelessly behind on my DVR but am trying to catch up. These are the things I have learned from TV:
- I was very sad that the Globetrotters got off of “The Amazing Race: All Stars.” They are some of my favorites and will be missed. It did crack me up that all the monks wanted to try on the Cowboys’ hats.
- “Devious Maids” is back and just as drama-filled as ever. It is my favorite summer guilty pleasure!
- I am bummed that Tony found the “special” immunity idol on “Survivor.” He is really annoying and full of himself.