1. My bestie and her husband are buying a house. Congrats Miriam and Stuart! Welcome to the Homeowners Club. 🙂
2. Sammy was sick all weekend and has decided that instead of sleeping, it would be really fun to just stand in his crib and scream. And scream. And scream. It was NOT an enjoyable weekend. I think the true low point was when I finally got him to sleep around midnight Saturday night, and then he threw up all over himself. Nothing says fun like washing puke chunks out of your baby’s hair/ears at 12:30 AM. Oh, did I mention we had company all weekend? Yeah…
3. When you have a sick baby, there is not much to do other than catch up on your DVR. Here are the things I learned:
- The Cowboys got off of “The Amazing Race: All Stars.” I am really bummed about this, as the Cowboys are one of my favorite Amazing Race teams ever. 😦 The Afganimals are gone too, but I don’t care about them. The Final Three teams are Dave and Connor, the Brenchels, and the Nashville girls. I am rooting for Dave and Connor.
- On “Castle,” Beckett finally got to arrest the man who had her mother murdered. It was pretty awesome. The finale was full of various shenanigans, almost causing Castle and Beckett to miss their own wedding. It ended with Castle MIA and his burning car upside down on the side of the road. I know he can’t be dead, because his name is the title of the show. Still, the shot of poor Kate in her wedding dress seeing his burning car was heartbreaking.
- Tasha got voted out of “Survivor,” for which I blame Cass completely. Ergh, I can’t stand her! There are now only two players left that I like- Spencer and Woo. I wish Woo wasn’t aligned with Tony, but he was so funny and cute doing martial arts for the kids that I can’t make myself dislike him.
- The season finale of “The Mindy Project” was a perfect half hour of romantic comedy. I loved the way Danny and Mindy ended up together in the end, lying on the floor at the top of the Empire State Building. Adorbs! (I recognize that is a stupid word. I am using it ironically. Sort of.)
4. Last night, I realized Sammy had pooped before falling asleep in his crib. I didn’t want him to sleep in poop all night, but I also didn’t want to listen to him scream for 30 more minutes. Using my newly acquired ninja skills, I managed to change his diaper in his crib without waking him up. I feel like I should earn some kind of Mommy Merit badge for that.
5. Today was Preschool Graduation at Mother’s Day Out. It went really well, and the kids looked adorable in their little caps and gowns. I am going to miss these kiddos!!