1. Sammy is doing so many new things, I am going to have to use bullet points to tell about all of them. 🙂 Here goes:
- He has begun trying to do forward rolls. Most of the time he just falls over, but he has accomplished a couple of almost somersaults.
- He has learned more new words- eye, nose, juice, bus, mess, Melmo (Elmo), and please. (He rubs both of his hands on his belly while he says please, which is close to the sign language for please, but much cuter.) His current favorite word is eye, which he says while poking you in the eye.
- He has started calling my Dad “Bubba,” instead of Papa. This cracks all of us up, as my Dad is about as far from a Bubba as you can get.
- He can climb onto the couch and his little rocking chair by himself.
- In Physical Therapy on Friday, he stood on his own for 9 seconds and took 1 step by himself. Yay Sammy!!!!
2. Mike had to work traffic for last week’s Miley Cyrus concert and was appalled by the stupidity of the concertgoers’ parents. He put one driver in a time-out. “You just sit there for a while and think about what you did.” He wrote another driver a ticket for chirping their tires and honking at a pedestrian. The driver complained, “They were walking too slow.” Mike replied, “He can lay in the middle of the road and make road angels, and you still have to wait for him!” I can’t say I am surprised that those attending or allowing their children to attend a Miley Cyrus concert are not so bright.
3. Sammy and I met my friend Angela and her two kiddos at the Discovery Center in Murfreesboro last Thursday. At first, Sammy was very overwhelmed and I wasn’t sure he was ever going to get out of his stroller. However, he found a train to scoot around the floor with, and then became fascinated by a mysterious floating ball. He loved the climbing room in Tot Town- I think he could have stayed in there all day! We will definitely be back.
4. When making Greek Salad Skewers, be aware that the feta cheese cubes will crumble into tiny pieces as soon as you try to push them onto the skewer. This will lead to stress and panic, causing you to yell, “The feta cheese keeps crumbling!” Your husband will answer, “Isn’t that what feta cheese is supposed to do?”
5. I attended an awesome baby shower at our neighbor’s house Saturday night. There was yummy food, cocktails, and lots of laughter. I did not have to try any baby food or sniff candy bars melted into diapers. Best. Baby Shower. Ever.
6. I have switched to volunteering for Little Kids’ Choir on Sunday nights, and this Sunday was our first week. I thought it went really well! We had 14 funny little first graders in our room, and they were mostly well-behaved.
7. I have gotten two new little girls in my room this week. One of them is sweet, well-behaved, and loves coloring. The other one does not want to do anything that I tell her, hates coloring, and is probably going to drive me crazy.
8. So, my eyebrow lady dyed my eyebrows when I went to get them waxed on Tuesday. I think they are a little dark. Every time I look in the mirror, I am reminded of that time I dressed as Viola Swamp for Storybook Character Day at school.