1. Rodman won “Last Comic Standing.” I was rooting for Nikki Carr, but I thought that all of the finalists were really funny, so I am okay with it.
2. I just started watching this season of “Project Runway,” because my DVR refuses to record it. (Stupid DVR, why don’t you do what I say?!) I am really confused by the judges’ taste this season. I don’t think I’ve agreed with a single winner they have chosen. I mean, Sandhya has won twice, and while I like her as a person; her designs are hideous. Amanda has also won twice, and I hated both of her winning looks as well. I usually agree with who the judges send home, but their winning picks are wackadoo!!
3. I participated in my first live Fantasy Football draft on Thursday night. I got the first pick, which was great, but then I got a little stressed. I ended up picking too many running backs and not enough wide receivers. I also picked two quarterbacks who have byes the same week. Doh. I think I might have done better if I just let the computer pick.
4. Sammy took seven steps by himself during Physical Therapy on Friday. We have been practicing his “walkies,” and he is getting so much steadier and sure of himself! He has also learned a few new words and phrases: fly (butterfly), pay! (play!), sit (he says this while patting the floor next to him), and I did it! (He usually says that last one after accomplishing something, like throwing a ball and hitting you in the head.) He has also learned my sister Heidi’s name, which he pronounces “Hi-DEE,” and is now calling my dad “Baba.”
5. Mike and I rented “The Amazing Spider-Man 2” from the Redbox on Saturday night. I really like Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man. He is just the right combination of sarcastic and snarky, but also kind and compassionate. This is an entertaining movie that I really enjoyed until, *MAJOR SPOILER ALERT* Gwen Stacy/Emma Stone dies. I hate when the superhero’s girlfriend dies! It is a big reason why I dislike “The Dark Knight.” Well, that, and Heath Ledger’s “Joker” is terrifying. Anyways, I do not recommend this movie because of the death of Gwen Stacy. Superhero movies are supposed to be fun, not sad and horribly tragic. Also, Emma Stone is awesome and doesn’t deserve to die, even fictionally.
6. My folks kept Sammo Sunday night so Mike and I could have a Date Night- woo woo! We ate dinner at Panera Bread and went to see “Guardians of the Galaxy.” This is the first time we have gone to the movies since “The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug” last December. I LOVED “Guardians of the Galaxy!!” It was hilarious, exciting, heart-warming, and had an amazing soundtrack (Awesome Mix, Vol. 1). My favorite character was Groot, a walking tree/plant thing voiced by Vin Diesel, who made me laugh, cry, and busts out some sweet dance moves in the last scene. I highly recommend “Guardians of the Galaxy.” In fact, stop what you are doing, and go see it now!! You will thank me, I promise.
7. There were all kinds of little kids in the movie theater for “Guardians of the Galaxy.” Yes, it does have a talking raccoon and tree, but it is NOT a kids movie. The little girl a few seats down from me couldn’t have been older than 3. Poor thing is going to have nightmares for sure. Plus, the movie started at 7:30 and didn’t get out till after 9:30. Do we not believe in bedtime anymore? I swear, there is a serious lack of common sense in this world.