1. You can buy a tiny dancing Groot! I would like one for my birthday please. 🙂
2. My friend Katie came over on Thursday to eat tacos and watch “The Lego Movie.” We both loved “The Lego Movie.” It’s hilarious! I have also added it to my birthday list. (Have I mentioned it’s my birthday soon?!) Warning: If you choose to rent and watch “The Lego Movie,” the song “Everything is Awesome” will get stuck in your head for the unforeseeable future.
3. Sammy loves Cracker Barrel mac ‘n’ cheese. He scarfed down an adult-sized portion and made the sign for more.
4. Mom and I spent some time shopping in Nolensville on Saturday morning. We checked out the Tots 2 Teens Consignment sale and snagged some cute clothes and shoes for Sammy. Then, we wandered around a store we have wanted to check out for some time- Polka Dots and Happy Thoughts. It is full of fun gifts, baby stuff, and jewelry. I will definitely be back!
5. It was a beautiful day on Sunday, so Mike, Sammy, and I headed to one of our favorite trails to take a walk. We arrived to discover our normally quiet Couchville Lake trail teeming with people. We also saw lots of signs declaring “Lost Loon This Way” and “Be True to Your Loony Self.” It turns out, we had wandered into the Annual Lost Loon Triathlon- a biking, canoeing, and running/walking event open to adults and children of all ages. We still went on our walk and got to do some fun people watching.
6. My Tennessee Titans beat the Kansas City Chiefs 26-10 on Sunday and are starting the season 1-0! I love starting the season with a win.
7. My fantasy team won and I am in first place in our Pro Pick ‘Em League. I’m super pumped about this first week of football!
8. Ricky won “So You Think You Can Dance.” He and Valerie have been my favorites since the first week, and they were the Final Two. Maybe my favoritism curse is broken? I really loved everyone in the Final Four, but Ricky is amazingly talented. Congrats Ricky!