I got behind again, and a lot has happened!! Here goes:
1. Our hot water heater decided to stop heating water, so we had to get a new one. Bummer. Sometimes it is no fun being a home owner.
2. I have a new job! I am going to be tutoring two boys afterschool each day. The boys live in my folks’ subdivision, so they will watch Sammy for me. I think it is going to be good, but Mondays and Wednesdays will be long- I will be going straight from MDO to tutoring.
3. Mike and I were sitting at the table with Sammy asking him questions the other day.
M- “Do you want Fruit Loops?”
H- “Do you want goldfish?”
M- “Are you pooping?”
M- “Do you want a million dollars?”
H- “Do you want a new car?”
M- “Do you want a cold beer?”
Mike and I laughed so hard! I almost fell out of my chair.
4. My neighbors are home with their adorable adopted baby, Chase. Sammy and I walked over for a visit and I got to hold her. She’s so tiny!!! Sammy didn’t seem to notice her, as he was much more interested in their dog. He did point to her and say, “Baby!” a few times.
5. I journeyed to Indianapolis last weekend for some fun and football with my bestie. Here are some things I learned during my time away:
- I swear, all of I-65 North and South in Kentucky is under construction. It sucked!!! I have never been a big fan of Kentucky, but I am now full of hatred towards the Bluegrass State.
- I got to “participate” in the ISC Corporate Challenge at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Miriam, Stuart, and I were supposed to walk in a 5K, but we got stuck in terrible traffic and missed the start time. We were super bummed! (Please sense my sarcasm.) Instead, we participated by watching the events and cheering people on.
- Miriam and I wandered around Super Target for several hours Saturday night. I think we saw every single section of the store. It was fabulous!
- For our 4th Annual Titans vs. Colts game at Lucas Oil Stadium, we finally got a beautiful day and the roof was open!
- There was an EXTREMELY drunk Titans fan sitting in the seat behind me. He was so excited to see a fellow Titans fan; he yelled and scared the crap out of me. He left about halfway through the game, for which I was very thankful, as he was really loud and liked saying the F word.
- As per usual, my Titans lost the game. The final score was 17-41. Bleh…but we still had fun!
6. Last Monday was Sammy’s first day in the toddler class at Mother’s Day Out. He did great!! The only problem he had was with the playground, which is covered in rubber tire mulch. He HATES it. He does not want to walk on it, sit on it, or touch it. So, that’s something we’re going to have to work on…
7. One of my students tripped over her own feet and landed face-first onto a doorjamb. She busted her nose and her bottom lip. There was so much blood! I am very proud of myself for remaining calm and getting her cleaned up. I am usually not very good in emergencies.
8. I had a fabulous 32nd birthday last Wednesday! I ate Mexican food at El Pueblo in Smyrna, had my favorite strawberry cupcakes from The Cupcake Collection, and got tons of great presents. I ended the day by watching “Pitch Perfect,” which was one of my presents from Mike. I love that movie!
9. Sunday was a rough one for this Titans fan. We played the Cleveland Browns, and at one point were winning 28-3. The Browns ended up coming back and winning the game 28-29. It was a super big bummer. In good news, I am still in first place in our Pro Pick ‘Em League and my fantasy team is undefeated!