Since these are whole month updates, I am just going to hit the highlights. Here goes:
1. I got the pleasure of attending Concord Community Church‘s Operation Christmas Child Packing Party for the first time. This is an annual event organized by my very dedicated Mom (with a lot of help from my Dad). If you are unfamiliar with Operation Christmas Child (OCC), it is an organization that packs Christmas shoe boxes for children in poverty throughout the world. The boxes contain hygiene items, school supplies, small toys, and candy. My family has been packing boxes since I was a little kid. My folks are now year-round volunteers with OCC and have taken their packing to a whole new level. At the Packing Party, nearly 600 boxes were packed for boys and girls in the 2-4, 5-9, and 10-14 range. The whole church participated in packing the boxes- young, old, and in-between. It was really awesome to see!
2. We had our Annual Thanksgiving Program at Mother’s Day Out. This year was special because it was the first time Sammy was old enough to participate. He did a great job! He walked in with his class, sat on the stage steps, and clapped his little hands to the song. Most of the other toddlers had meltdowns.
3. One of the kids in the three-year-old class spent the program running around the stage, sticking his butt in the air, and generally behaving terribly. If it was my kid, I would have yanked him off the stage and headed to the car for some punishment. His mom just sat in the audience and laughed, which probably lets you know why he is the worst-behaved kid in the whole school.
4. We journeyed to Indianapolis to spend Thanksgiving with Mike’s family. Sammy got to show off his mad walking skills, and we got to see Kristen’s cute preggo belly. There was delicious food and even some snow!
5. While in Indianapolis, I met up with Miriam and Stuart for a fantabulous lunch at Tom + Chee. (Tomato soup + grilled cheese) I had never heard of this restaurant, but it was actually part of an investment deal on “Shark Tank.” Miriam and I both tried the BLT + Chee, which was uh-mazing. We were very dubious about their famous Donut Grilled Cheese, but decided to try out the S’more Donut. Super rich but so good!!