1. Jennifer Garner is officially my new favorite celebrity based on this quote while accepting an award at the Elle’s Women in Hollywood Celebration, “Can we just stop pretending that skinny jeans are a good look on anyone? Can we just band together and go for a nice boot cut, please? Ladies? And crop tops while we’re at it.”
2. Yelling “Smile!” at kids when they aren’t smiling for their school pictures is not an effective way to get them to smile. I may not be a fancy “photographer,” but I’m smart enough to figure that out. Also, it really shouldn’t take over an hour to take pictures of nine 4-year-olds.
3. My Titans lost again on Sunday to Houston and are now 2-6. Awesome. They started rookie Zach Mettenberger, who was lookin’ super groovy at his press interviews. Too bad it didn’t help us win…
4. My fantasy team dominated (Sorry, Angela!), and I came in first place this week in the Pick ‘Em League. I am still in sixth place overall, but I moved up from seventh place!
5. We took a great field trip to the Walden Farms Pumpkin Patch on Monday. I did not drive, as I didn’t want to end up in a ditch again. My kiddos had a good time picking pumpkins, climbing a hay tower, petting animals, and going on a hay ride. I had a fun time too, but I was pooped by the end of the day!
6. When I picked up Sammy from my Mom’s house after tutoring on Tuesday, he felt really warm. Little guy had a temperature of 102.3. He has still been happy and playing like his normal self, but he had to miss his Halloween party. 😦
7. My kids looked so cute for the Halloween Party on Wednesday! We had a pirate princess, Daisy Duck, General Grievous from Star Wars, Batman, Robin, a ladybug, a dead pirate, an astronaut, and Anna from “Frozen.” They had fun trick-or-treating, playing a variety of Halloween games, and decorating cookies.
8. Doorjambs are the devil! In this post, I told about one of my girls busting her lip and nose on one. Well, on Wednesday one of my boys tripped and busted his head open on the doorjamb. It was truly horrific. The cut was so deep, you could see the bone. Both of his parents were in Dallas, so his Grandma had to rush over to get him and take him to the ER. We got the bleeding stopped and tried to keep him calm and awake until she got there. I was still shaking an hour after it happened. In good news, the CT scan did not show any damage, and he was stitched up and sent home. In bad news, I am still pretty traumatized.
Update: I talked to his Mom this evening and he ended up getting 20 stitches! Yeesh.
9. We are a whole family of sickies. Mike stayed home yesterday and today, and I woke up not feeling so good this morning. We have used this free time to watch a lot of “Sons of Anarchy” season six. (Only while Sammy is sleeping, of course!)